Sunday, January 1, 2012

Colorful Glass Ornaments Inspired by YHL

These fun and colorful ornaments were inspired by one of my favorite blogs, YoungHouseLove. They are very very easy and fun to make, I even convinced my husband to make one! Here's how you do it:

1. buy a set of glass or plastic ball ornaments (I got mine 50% off at hobby lobby).

2. Remove the metal tops.

3. squirt different colors of acrylic paint in each ball. You can use one color per ball or get fancy and put multiple colors in.

4. Swirl paint around to create your desired design.

 5. Set aside to dry. It took mine a few days to completely dry. I got a little impatient and went ahead and put the caps on mine before they were completely dry and they still turned out fine.

6. Hang them around your house, put them in a vase, hang them on the tree, or whatever other creative ideas you come up with!

No comments:

Post a Comment