Sunday, August 4, 2013

Triptych Tandem

Years ago my sister made a triptych painting of a white two seater bike with a navy blue background.


I have been begging her for years to make me one, but finally decided to make my own. I am decent at painting, but usually dread it because it takes me forever to draw the object on the canvas. My husband on the other hand is great at drawing and is much faster than me, so one night I convinced him to draw the bike and told him that I would paint it in. When I woke up the next morning he had stayed up hours working on it and had already painted the background and started painting in the bike. I took over from there and painted in about 5 coats of white over his bike drawing. So thanks mostly to my husband, we now have this awesome painting in our bedroom.


 

We used acrylic paint and chose "English Ivy" green for the background to match our green dresser and lampshade.


Here is the painting we had hanging there before, which I painted back in high school.


It now lives at the end of our hallway.


What do you guys think? Has anyone else ever done a triptych painting? Or a painting made by two people?




No comments:

Post a Comment